Do you have a love for traveling, seeing new cultures and meeting new people? This company has steadily grown since 1992, into one of the leading alternative and adventure touring companies in the Western Cape.
The trips are a far cry from your average mainstream bus tour in that they aim to keep their travelers out of the bus as much as possible, with activities such as hiking, biking, cruising, picnicking & swimming available on many of our tours.
They are looking for an intern who can help them in the following area's:
(Office & Operations): Handling cash ups, answering emails, answering phone and handling bookings, liaising with guides, overseeing day tour operations, booking accommodations & permits for long tours
(Touring): Help on long tours, corporate events and day tours when needed, tour planning, existing tours, tour development
(Maintenance): of vehicles/bicycles
DUTIES – Please note that you will not be assigned a specific job, but will be required to undertake a wide variety of tasks and to become familiar with all aspects of the operation.
-Writing of daily waybills
- Packing of picnics in the morning (when they have large groups or staff shortages, you will be required to help with picnic preparation and clean-up of picnics)
- Liaising with guides during pick-up times
- Shopping/ banking/ accounting /general errands about town as needed
- Telephonic bookings & enquiries, including evening/ week-end cell phone duty
- Servicing of e-mail enquiries
- Maintenance of computer filing & hard copy filing, information storage, office order
- Helping out on special/corporate groups as needed
- catering/driving, etc
- Some marketing duties, e.g. dropping brochures, flip files, drawing up presentations, etc-
Possibly accompanying extended biking or hiking tours as a general helper
- Helping out with practical maintenance of equipment, bicycles, etc
- You will need to get a PDP (professional driving permit) in case you are required to transport paying customers at any point.
Requirements:Basic computer skills. Love of sports/outdoors.Knowledge of tourism industry.
Good with people, flexible, independent and able to take the initiative, hard working (not a clock watcher).
One who understands the unique demands of the tourism industry/keeping clients’ happy, delivering quick efficient & friendly service!
PLEASE NOTE: This is an UNPAID internship and applies to international students only. Please reply with the reference '159' to email@example.com or check out our website www.kickstart.co.za